Community Rules, Etiquette & Privacy Agreement
NOTE: All users must agree to these terms before they can participate. There is a button "I agree" at the bottom of this page you'll need to click.
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
You must be 18 years of age or older to participate in our community.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our member services department via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
We expect our members to contribute in keeping with the THRIVE principals. TRUST, HONEST COMMUNICATION, RESPECT, INTENTIONAL, VULNERABILITY, ENGAGE & EMPOWER.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial or self-promotional messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Please periodically check these rules as they are subject to change at our sole discretion.
Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
All posts that are perceived as a sales pitch, are self-promoting, are job listings, or contain brochures or pamphlets listing pricing, products or services, will be flagged or deleted at the discretion of the Community Managers. If the post is flagged, Community Managers may reach out with an explanation and suggested ways to fix the post. Industry Partner Blogs may be an exception to these concerns.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
Disclaimers Regarding Content Shared
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
- The content posted on the RARE Portal Community may contain links to third-party web sites or refer to third-party products. Global Genes does not have control over such web sites or products, and Global Genes is not responsible for the availability or content of such web sites. Global Genes does not endorse, sponsor or approve and is not responsible for such web sites and such products.
- Global Genes accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information of others.
- Global Genes disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted, whether posted by Global Genes or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- In no event shall Global Genes be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on the 'RARE Portal Community". YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE "RARE Portal Community" IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS, WITH ALL FAULT" BASIS.
- If advice is received through the "RARE Portal Community", the user should consult a professional advisor for more detailed information.
- By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Global Genes the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or other material.
- Once you have made a posting, you cannot withdraw or retract the license and consents. By posting on the RARE Portal Community, you acknowledge that the material is not confidential and agree that other users of the RARE Portal Community may copy, use, transmit, modify, distribute and display the content you post.
- If you own intellectual property and believe it is being infringed on the RARE Portal Community, please let Global Genes know.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of Global Genes. Global Genes is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by Global Genes or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Global Genes be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Global Genes and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Global Genes does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Global Genes we will take all appropriate action.
Global Genes reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site:
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.